“Highly readable, reliably practical and endlessly supportive with a nice clean layout that makes visual processing for someone like me with disabilities much easier. It has all the heart, encouraging spirit and practical tips that WriteMentor always brings”
WriteMentor Magazine is one of the only magazines for children’s writers in the UK. Released on a quarterly basis, the digital magazine is packed full of exclusive content written by leading authors and publishing experts, from writing advice to industry insights. It also covers a range of genres within Picture Books, Middle Grade and Young Adult fiction.
Mostly importantly, we also feature you, our readers, with our regular Celebration Corner and WriteMentor Success Story pieces.
Whether you’d love to pen your first novel or you’re a published author with years of experience, WriteMentor magazine has content for everyone who loves the written word.
“WriteMentor Magazine keeps me connected to community news, offers writing tips and a window into writers’ lives”
Cost: £3.99 for one issue or £11.99 for an annual subscription* (includes four magazines)
*Subscriptions will include the current issue, as well as the next 3, which will be sent to you on the release date of each issue.
WriteMentor magazine Issue 7 out now!
- An exclusive interview with Leah Johnson, award-winning author of ‘You Should See Me in a Crown’ and ‘Rise to the Sun’.
- Advice from author Maisie Chan on writing East and South East Asian book characters.
- Picture Book author Hannah Lee’s reflections on the power of school visits.
- Author Melissa Welliver’s explanation on why dystopian is still a popular genre (even when it feels like the world is ending).
- Writing success stories from Michael Mann and Jeff de León.
- Information about the Jericho Prize that celebrates Black-British new writing for children.
- Witticisms from our Honest Writer.
- Winning stories from our flash fiction & short story competitions.
- And our celebration corner, showcasing your achievements!
Buy your copy below!
Start reading WriteMentor magazine today…
WriteMentor Magazine – August 2021 Edition 7£3.99
WriteMentor Magazine – ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION£11.99 / year
WriteMentor Magazine – May 2021 Edition 6£3.99
WriteMentor Magazine – February 2021 Edition 5£3.00
WriteMentor Magazine – November 2020 Edition 4£3.00
WriteMentor Magazine – August 2020 Edition 3£3.00
WriteMentor Magazine – April 2020 Edition 2£3.00
Magazine Ad (Full Spread)£18.00
WriteMentor Magazine – December 2019 Edition£3.00
Contributors include: Patrice Lawrence (Orangeboy, Indigo Donut), Cerrie Burnell (Harper series, The Ice Bear Miracle), Kit de Waal (Becoming Dinah), Katharine and Elizabeth Corr (The Witch’s Kiss series), LD Lapinski (The Strangeworlds Travel Agency), Jenny Pearson (The Super Miraculous Journey of Freddie Yates), Perdita and Honor Cargill (Waiting for Callback series), Emma Perry (I Don’t Like Books Never Ever), Joseph Elliott (The Good Hawk) Alice Sutherland-Hawes (agent at Madeleine Milburn), Christabel McKinley (agent at David Higham Associates) and more…
Short story and flash fiction competitions
We’re CLOSED to submissions for our WriteMentor magazine competition for a chance to feature in the upcoming issue.
We’re looking for:
- Short stories
- Flash fiction
- With a teen or child protagonist
- And a theme of PERSEVERANCE
Meet the judges, read the rules and then enter the competitions here.