WriteMentor Magazine – December 2019 Edition
Release date: Monday 9th December
Annual subscription: £9.99 – click here to purchase this.
- Exclusive feature from Patrice Lawrence, author of ‘Orangeboy’.
- Insights from Katharine and Elizabeth Corr about writing as sisters
- Writing advice from WriteMentor online course leaders Emma Read, Clare Helen Welsh and Aisha Bushby
- Tips on where to find writing opportunities outside of London from canny Northern lasses Jenny Pearson and Caroline Murphy.
- An interview with Children’s Novel Award winner 2019, Alexandra Page
- Agent Insights: A day in the life, from literary agent Alice Sutherland-Hawes
- Author Insights: Being on submission to publishers by A.M. Dassu
- The first of a regular column from the Honest Writer
- Interview on writing support with Zeshan Akhter
- Extracts from the winning entries in our recent Halloween themed flash and short story contests, with interviews with winners, Emma Bradley and Anna Moutran
- Celebration Corner, featuring YOU
- Writing prompts and tips
Stuart is the founder of WriteMentor, and will be in charge of seeking out new content for the magazine as well as coming up with new and inventive ways to make the magazine YOUR magazine.
Florianne will be in charge of design and layout of the magazine, as well as working with Stuart on content and ideas.
Florianne Humphrey is a freelance marketer, journalist and writer based in the North East of England. She has written two Young Adult novels, and one of her short stories was shortlisted for the 2018 Bridport Prize while another was published in Popshot Magazine’s Fantasy Issue. She also leads creative writing workshops for both adults and children, and recently she received arts funding to run a free programme for hard-to-reach local community groups.
Each edition will contain unqiue content from top, published authors.
We will celebrate the successes of ALL in the WriteMentor community.
We’ll cover all the aspects of a writers life, from publication to rejection to processes to starting out, sharing many experiences.
We’ll put YOU, our reader, in the limelight (if you want that!).
And much, much more…