Things to ask yourself and things to be mindful of
THINGS TO ASK YOURSELF:
– whose story is it?
– what emotional state is the character in at the start?
– what does the main character want?
– what is the incident that sets the story in motion?
– what are the obstacles?
– what is at stake?
– why should we care?
– what do the characters learn?
– how do they learn it and why?
– how does it end?
THINGS TO BE MINDFUL OF:
– Writing a picture book is HARD!
– Editing your own work is HARD!
– Getting published is HARD!
– Try the tips in this content… but don’t do it alone!
– Network with other writers, join a critique group or find a critique partner you click with and trust.