- All entries must be kidlit (ie have a Main Character who is a child).
- Do not exceed word limits or your entry will be disqualified – word count does NOT include title.
- Flash = 200 words max
- Short Story = 1000 words max
- Please label the word document of your entry with the TITLE of your story – no names in the document either – we want it to be judged anonymously.
- Use a plan font like TNR, with 12′ and double line spacing.
- You may enter multiple stories, but each must be a separate entry.
- You may enter both contests.
- Both contests close at 11.59pm (GMT) on Friday 11th March 2022.
- By entering, you give permission for your story to be featured in our magazine.
- You will then be contacted to give details such as a bio/photo and a few questions for the feature.
- Open internationally. English only please. 16 years +
- Judges decisions are final and they will not be entered into dialogue about those decisions.
- Unfortunately we are unable to give feedback on entries.
- Winners (and 2 runners-up) will be announced on date TBC.
WriteMentor Magazine Short Story Competition